Thursday, October 2, 2008

Favorites

Something I find most aesthetically pleasing is a bare tree - deciduous trees that have lost their leaves. In addition to that, I appreciate "dead" trees whose remaining trunk is in an interesting shape. There is one such trunk that I see and on which I comment every time we drive the 31 miles to the church. Yesterday afternoon, my husband stopped on the side of the highway, got out, tramped through the dead grass on the side of the road and walked up a small grade on highway 41 in Madera County between Fresno and Coarsegold to get this for you

and this

For some reason, the lines of this tree are pleasing. It's really sculptural and I could see this copied in bronze.

The same family brought us more tomatoes last night. Wow. 18 red globes and lots of yellow pears - and some jalapenos!

No comments: