Friday, October 3, 2008

Floppy French dinner!

There are no photos from last night's dinner because while it tasted good and didn't look so bad, it wasn't what I'd hoped for, alas, so I was a bit frustrated.

At any rate, it was an attempt at potato gallette ... topped with haricots verts, tomates, un petit chipotle. Yeah, so it tasted good, but I guess I wasn't in the mood for a photo.

Tonight's pizza night, so I don't have to think about dinner, but I'm already trying to plan more tomato dishes!

I did a lot of work on the church's website, though, so that's ready for the world - it's not great, but at least there is pertinent information and people can find out proper service times, and there's an updated photo of my husband, etc.

Tomorrow is a DAR meeting, and really, I am not looking forward to going. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I just feel kind of awkward there - I just transferred to the new chapter where I live, so I don't know anyone there - but also, every meeting is at a hotel restaurant, so it's $16 every meeting. There are usually 2 choices, and neither are vegetarian, so to get a veg meal, you have to make a special request. So... not only am I new, I have to have a special request. Yeah. So tomorrow I'm not ordering lunch, but part of the program happens during lunch, and the Opening is before lunch, sooooooooo... yeah. I plan to sit as near to the rear of the room as possible when I arrive tomorrow. Too bad I can't bring a book - ha!! Mom suggests seeing if they do activities with their VA hospital and participating that way, so I'll keep my ears open tomorrow if anything's mentioned.

No comments: