Friday, May 8, 2009

2 things that should never happen at the same time

OK, so I awoke around 3 am with intestinal rumblings that I could both hear and feel.
At first I thought it was a manifestation of migraine, as I had one of those, too. But since the vomiting and watery diarrhea are still present as I type this, I'm convinced it's some sort of gastroenteritis. I'd've thought that all the "stuff" in my GI tract has been eliminated, but apparently not. How long can this last? Since I don't have any pedialyte, I did find the random bottle of gatorade in the frig, so I'm sipping that - my muscles are aching from mineral depletion. Needless to say, I stayed home from work today.

I'm ok for about 10-15 minutes before the waves start building again. And let's not even talk about the challenge of experiencing both AT THE SAME TIME. Oh, yeah. Mostly they've been kind enough to at least give me time to be one-after-the-other and shift position, but all-together-now, Lord have mercy.

(At this point, I can picture my sister both laughing and saying, "aw, poor baby")

And... it's B's birthday! He is celebrating by giving a funeral 3 hours away for a congregation member who died last weekend of a burst aneurysm.

Woo hoo! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Rabbitknitz said...

Sounds like classic food poisoning to me. I, too, add to the sentiment of "aw, poor baby!!" Hang in there and have an Otter Pop.