Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Viva..............

So we are taking a mini-vacation later this week. While it is not something we would normally do because of $$$ (Read: lack thereof), we got 3 nights of comp'd rooms at a resort hotel whose name is shared by my brother. I am sure our room won't be the most lavish, but even the small rooms here are supposed to be quite posh, as the hotel bills itself as the only resort of its class in the world to have been awarded the Mobil A 5 star, AAA 5 Diamond and the Michelin 5 Red Pavilions. So I expect it'll be pretty fun, even though we won't be seeing any Cirque shows nor Barry Manilow, who is still performing (!), but I've already looked up free things to do/see while we're there, some of which look to be interesting. I also plan to stay away from the (in)famous buffets, which are supposed to be nothing these days but tourist traps.

No comments: