Saturday, November 1, 2008

Everyday is Halloween

With apologies to Ministry, every day isn't, but yesterday was! We had plans to just stay home, hang out and pass out candy to the kiddies who came by. I had bought 2 bags of candy to start, but since this neighborhood is usually fairly active on Halloween, I went back and bought several more bags. I think one bag may have even done it - we only had about 25 kids come by.
My friend in Napa had NONE show up. Weird, eh?
I had bought a couple little decorations, but forgot to get photos of them: some bloody hand thick window decals for the glass on the screen door and an orange gauze-draped pumpkin lantern which I hung near the front door, where the hummingbird feeder used to be.
Since we all know how much I like theme dinners, here's what we had last night - we had butternut and bell pepper soup, italian breadsticks, apple slices with ricotta-gorgonzola dip (recipe courtesy Rachael Ray) and oatmeal pumpkin cookies for dessert, which were as good this time as when I made them a couple weeks ago.

We had thought about going to a haunted house, but since it's raining, we decided to forego that, and B suggested going to a movie this afternoon. I found that Clovis has a cheap theater (yea!), so we went to see "The Dark Knight" for $3 apiece. We will definitely be visiting again. Weird, though - the restroom is a single - isn't that odd for an entire theatre? Maybe the upstairs set is larger??? We both enjoyed the film and getting out - and B tells me that some yahoo drew parallels to this film with W and his cronies regarding the War on Terror. Please.

No comments: