Friday, November 21, 2008

Presents

You all know how I love presents, and I received a surprise one Wednesday night before my husband's class at church.
The 10-year old daughter of some members gave me a lovely gift bag with a heart-shaped tag, on which was written, "Because... We Think You're Special" - I didn't want to open the gift in front of everyone, especially since one of the women actually did say, "Why do you get a gift? I didn't get one." Bah. What is wrong with people? I just said, "I'm the pastor's wife," and left it at that.
On the drive home, I opened the bag and inside were 2 bottles of nail polish. Now, unless you know me, that might seem odd - but I am a fiend for nail polish, so it was such a thoughtful gift.

3 comments:

Rabbitknitz said...

But what colors? WHAT COLORS?? We must know. Must! OOOOOOOOO! Polishhhhhhhh!

That was definitely a nice and THOUGHTFUL gift--they must like you! ( and why not, fabu chica that you are!)

Karina said...

Well, they were AVON, which I have never used (as you know - since I'm all about the OPI! Essie! and now also China Glaze!) -- but they are the Speed Dry line, which has gotten good reviews -- and the colors are...

Feisty - a deep fuschia/magenta with a silver flash
Mango Melon - pretty self explanatory!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mango Melon sounds like a lovely summer color! What a sweet gift. :)